Friday, February 26, 2010
1971 Sparkman and Stephens Yankee 30 Hull #53
The Yankee 30 is a beautiful sailboat. Designed by Sparkman & Stephens (S&S design No. 1999) and built by Yankee Yachts in Santa Ana, California, she is both graceful and sturdy. These little sloops are well suited to both racing and cruising, with a tall keel-stepped mast and high aspect sail plan to make them go fast in light air, high ballast to displacement ratio to make them stiff and dry to weather, and a bustle and skeg-mounted rudder for ideal handling off the wind.
Unlike highly engineered racing boats, the Yankee 30 is somewhat overbuilt. As a result she's a very sturdy boat. Stability and an easy motion, whether sailing short-handed or with a crew make the Yankee 30 an ideal boat for the windy conditions found on San Francisco Bay or off-shore passages.
Builder: Yankee Yachts Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 30' LWL: 23' Beam: 9'
Displacement: 8700 lbs Draft: 4'10"
Engine(s): Westerbeke 20B2 Engine(s) HP: 18 Engine Model: Diesel
Fuel: 18 Gallon Diesel Water: 28 Gallons in 2 tanks Holding: 13 Gallons
Yankee Yachts of California with construction details specified by S & S
132 Yankee 30’s were built between 1970 and 1975.
Solid hand lay-up hull with cored deck structure, solid in areas of fittings and coach-house. Bonded flanged deck-hull structure with teak toe rail through bolted.
Combined double chain-plate fitted to single structural knee of glass molded into and extensively thickened hull topside that spreads the load through a broad area of the hull.
Hull and deck have a separate liner
Lead keel bolted to stub keel, 7/8” silicon bronze bolts.
Ideal for a couple. However, will sleep five. Two forward in master stateroom on V-Berth, Three at cabin on settee and convertible dinette.
Fresh Hot/Cold Pressure water with Raritan 6 gal hot water tank (115VAC or Engine) and raw water foot pump.
Norcold 120V/12V refrigerator.
Shipmate Propane Two Burner/Oven.
Electronics and Navigation
• Autohelm ST2000 + Auto Pilot (new in 2009)
• Autohelm ST1000 Autopilot (spare)
• Furuno 1623 Radar (new in 2008)
• Autohelm ST50 Knot Meter
• Autohelm ST50 Tri Data • Autohelm ST50 Wind Speed Indicator
• Garmin Depth/Fishfinder
• Gemini 4” Compass Bulkhead Mounted
• Digital FM/CD/USB Stereo, magnetic shielded speakers
• Motorola Spectra Programmable Marine/Ham VHF
• Heart Interface 1000 watt Inverter/50 Amp Charger
• (2) Deep Cycle 6 V and (1)Optima Start Battery • 30 Amp Shore Power and Cord
• Voltmeter/Amp Hour Meter
Sails & Rigging
ALL NEW stainless steel wire standing rigging (2008). Keel stepped, high aspect sloop rigged yacht with aluminum spars. Sail Area 430 square feet.
• Harken Mainsheet Traveler (2006)
• 3/4oz Spinnaker
• Spinnaker Pole • Full Batten Loose Foot Mainsail w/2 Reef Points
• Walder Boom Brake
• 150% Dacron Genoa
• 110% Dacron Genoa with Reef Points
All lines led aft for easy single-handed Sailing.
• Full Custom Canvas Cover
• New Sunbrella cockpit dodger (2010).
• Sunbrella Cockpit Tent
• Foredeck raw water wash down
• 25 lb. Plow 60ft chain, 275 ft 1/2” 3-strand
• Danforth 13S with 300 ft 5/8” braided • (2) Lewmar #40 Primary Winches
• (2) Lewmar #25 Secondary Winches
• Barlow #15 and Lewmar #8 Halyard Winches.
• Barlow #15 Main Sheet Winch
• Webasto AT 2000 Diesel Forced Air Furnace (2008)
• Dickenson Portable Propane BBQ Grill
• Rule 1500 Bilge Pump. (1) Electric
• Manual Gusher Bilge Pump in Cockpit • (2) New Bottom Paint (2009)
• Spreader Lights
• Halon Engine Fire Suppression System
• Dynaplate Grounding/Corrosion Control
This Alaska veteran is a turn-key vessel perfect for a weekend sail or ready for extended coastal cruising.